A job interview is not a one-way road for the recruiter to find out more about you - it`s also a great opportunity for you to learn more about the company, the vacancy and the culture! This is your chance to present yourself and ask any questions you might have. Here are just a few tips to prepare for your interview, followed by 50 essential interview questions:
- Be prepared: make sure you did your homework and are well-informed about the company and the position. Get a good night`s sleep as well before.
- Presentation: you never get a second chance to make a first impression! It`s better to be overdressed than underdressed.. Be confident and show an open body language.
- STAR methodology: Situation, Task, Action, Result. Questions which are best answered using this methodology will certainly appear to test your actions in certain situations. Come up with good examples from prior experiences.
- Ask questions: make sure you have prepared a list of questions you would like to have answered.
- Show respect: listen to your recruiter, be friendly, positive and show interest.
- Tip: send a thank-you email after the interview. You can confirm your interest for the vacancy and say your enthusiasm for the position has increased. This will definitely distinguish you from other candidates.
We have compiled 50 challenging interview questions and possible ways how you can best tackle them.