About the company
Education within a college and/or university is no longer the golden ticket in today's job market. Classes pertaining to your major will not substitute real world experience, of which should be obtained before he or she enters the business world. AGVSPORT offers a bona fide internship experience that will not only prepare you for today's job market, but will transform you into an asset for any company YOU choose to work for. This is not an internship that consists of atypical grunt work, but hands on experience through direction and personal management.
• Knowledge and ability to write comprehensible emails
• Phone etiquette
• Basic understanding of email (Outlook)
• Currently enrolled or graduate, with at least one Supply chain or trade related class fulfilled
• Strong organizational skills
• Understanding of the importance of compromise in a group setting
• Ability to adjust and comprehend constructive criticism
• Strong writing skills
• An understanding of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Google Docs
• Consistent with following up with already completed tasks
• Daily emails communicating with suppliers and distributors
• Product development
• Constant communication with company President
• Collaboration with other interns and group projects
• Constant updating of Supply Chain and Logistics Manual when new circumstances arise
• Explore new ideas for inclusion in the company's strategy
• Compile a portfolio of completed training assignments at the end of the internship
By the end of this training the trainee will have learned to:
• Support worldwide supply chain from design request to production
• Service an international customer base
• Participate as part of a team, on shared assignments, and projects
• Learn in a mentoring relationship where regular appraisal/evaluation offers opportunities to give and receive feedback
• Industry and customer knowledge
• Relationship development with customers and vendors
• Project management
• Analysis techniques
• Leadership skills
• Teamwork skills
• Personal presentation and communication skills
The position is open for as long as the student would like, but with a minimum length of 12 weeks, 21 to 35 hours/week.
This position is open to students or graduates of any college or university. The students' interests must lie in Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
While this is an UNPAID internship, student interns will have an opportunity to receive college credit. Contact your undergraduate advising officer for more information on academic credit.
Students wishing to apply for the internship should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 1.800.777.7006.